Published in ISFA U15 Cup



The 2020 ISFA U15 Cup Final on 19th March was cancelled due to the coronovirus crisis.  Whether it is possible to rearrange a date for this Final will be reconsidered once the crisis subsides.


Royal Russell travelled to Manchester GS for their Semi Final Match against a strong Manchester side. Royal Russell started the brighter of the two teams and took advantage from just their second attack when the Manchester Grammar defender handled the ball in the box, giving Royal Russell a penalty in the 3rd minute of the game. Royal Russell captain took the spot kick and calmly stroked the ball into the net, sending the keeper the wrong way. Manchester Grammar looked to reply quickly with some great combination plan but the Royal Russell defence stood strong and being able to deal with any threat that came their way. 1-0 lead at half time. Manchester started the second half like they finished the first, with plenty of the ball but no treat on the Royal Russell goal. Royal Russell worked incredible hard thought-out the game and they were rewarded when A shot from the defender from 30 yard, long range effort managed to fly into the top left hand corner, leaving the Manchester goalkeeper stranded. 2-0 to Royal Russell and in to the final for a second consecutive season.On a heavy pitch both teams started brightly and tried to play football.

Whitgift took a lead only for Bede’s to equalise immediately before Whitgift scored from two corners to lead 3-1 at half-time. The second half saw a dominate performance from Whitgift to score four more goals and concede one right at the end to buy them through to the final 7-2.


A replay of the final last year saw Royal Russell and Aldenham go head to head once again in what was to be an exciting game. Both teams were evenly matched but with Royal Russell edging the first half in terms of attempts. The deadlock was broken with 9 minutes to go when Royal Russell took the lead with a shot from the edge of the box, kindly falling to the Royal Russell forward for a tap in from close range. Aldenham responded instantly when their wide free kick was meet with a superb head to send the game to extra time. The pace of the game didn’t stop there and with 1 minute to go, Aldenham were awarded a penalty which they converted to make it 2-1. Royal sent the ball forward and with the last kick of the game they managed to equalise with a top corner finish to send the game to penalties. Royal Russell with all the moment managed to come out victorious in the shoot-out, 4-2 the final result.

Bedes started well and were on the front foot, with the St. John's, Leatherhead keeper making some excellent saves before the pressure eventually told and the Bede’s striker converted well from a cross with a tidy finish. Then there was an injury to the Bede’s centre half, and the away side took time to adjust and Leatherhead capitalized, scoring two very worked goals in quick succession. From no where Bede’s replied with a goal from nothing and it was 2-2 at half time. In the second half both sides had chances to win it, but an excellent free kick and moment of quality from the Bede’s winger was the deciding factor.

In blustery conditions Cheadle Hulme started brightly and produced the first shot of the game which was saved by the Manchester GS keeper. MGS created the next chance shooting from the edge of the box but missing the target. Neither side could cope with the conditions to produce much football but Chedale took the lead shortly before half time when the forward was upended by the MGS keeper and from the resulting penalty Cheadle took the lead. With the wind now behind MGS they scored an equaliser. MGS pressed forward and tested the Cheadle keeper with a couple of long range shots. MGS took the lead when a pass inside was controlled and struck into the net. Cheadle pushed forward for the equaliser but the MGS defence stayed strong. With minutes left on the clock Cheadle pushed more and more men but MGS caught them on the counter to finish the tie.

A super first quarter of the match from Eton with clinical finishing saw them take a 2-0 lead. Whitgift fought back to level the scores for Eton to retake the lead on the stoke of HT through a penalty. A more composed second half from Whitgift saw them win the half 3-0 and leave a final score of 5-3.


Manchester GS started the match brightly and within the first few minutes went ahead with a long-range effort. Brooke House replied immediately when a great passing moved ended with a powerful shot from outside the box flew into the bottom corner for the equaliser. MGS restored the lead when after a great save from the Brooke House keeper the ball was tapped in. In the second half MGS increased the lead when a superb shot flew into the net. Both teams attacked with vigour, but the MGS defence stayed strong resulting in the Brooke House forwards shooting from long distance.

Harrodian took an early lead through a quick thinking thrown in which caught the Bedes defence cold. After that Bedes got a good equaliser and then slowly took Control of the game. Bedes found themselves 4-1 up at half time. After a quick start to the second half Bedes found themselves 7-1 up. A well worked goal from the visitors was answered by two quick goals from Bedes with the game finishing 9-2.

A fantastic game of school football was won in dramatic circumstances in the final minute of extra time when Aldenham expertly finished past the outstanding Ardingly keeper. The game started at a frantic pace and Aldenham were unlucky not to take the lead in the first half as they hit the post twice and had a penalty saved. Ardingly looked dangerous on the break and the half finished 0-0. The second half followed the same pattern but with 20 minutes to go Aldenham took the lead. Ardingly came back strongly and soon equalised to take the game into extra-time. With Aldenham pushing for a winner it eventually came with just seconds left and took them into the quarter finals for the 4th year in a row.

Whitgift started brightly and took a 1-0 lead before spitting numerous chances to put the game out of sight. King’s College School, Wimbledon compounded this by scoring with their first foray into the Whitgift half. Whitgift restores their advantage only for KCS to score with their second attack. KCS took full control just after half time to storm into a 4-2 lead and look out of sight but with 20mins to play Whitgift dominated the last third to score 4 goals and win 6-4.

Royal Russell cruised past Charterhouse with an excellent performance. A tight game changed just before half time when Royal Russell took the lead following a miscued clearance. The second half showed why Royal Russell will take some beating as they turned on the afterburners to outclass the home side and win 3-0.

St John's School, Leatherhead started the brighter of the two teams creating a number of chances against a well organised Reigate Grammar side. It was the home side that took the lead with a neat passage of play with their midfield combining to leave the St John's forward with an opportunity for a neat finish which is duly took. St John's had a number of other chances in the first half but only entered half time 1-0 to the good. Reigate rallied and rightly equalised with a well taken free kick headed in by their centre back. A tense remaining 15 minutes were left with both sides creating an entertaining game for the spectator it was St John's however that took the spoils with their striker pouncing on a long ball to give his side victory with minutes to play. A valiant effort by Reigate in their first involvement in the competition and a historic afternoon for St John's who reach the quarter finals for the first time in the School's history.

Bolton v. Cheadle Hulme 
Eton v. Bradfield


Winchester began quickly out of the blocks scoring early following a free kick. Winchester scored again mid-way through the half with a smart turn and finish from outside the box. Winchester extended their lead as their scorer sealed a hat-trick before half time. In the second half Eton took less than a minute to score their first and soon rattled in two more. With the momentum going their way Eton capitalised, netting three more times in the 3rd quarter.  However, this crazy game saw Winchester battle back with a well taken volley which was soon followed by another goal. In the dying minutes Winchester had one more chance that slipped past the far post, and with it the chance of extra time.  A cup classic played in great spirit throughout.

In cold and windy conditions both teams struggled early on to keep possession and build pressure. Bolton had the better of a few rare opportunities, with the AKS Lytham keeper pulling off a fine save to deny a golden chance for the visitors to open the scoring. Soon after the break, AKS took the lead as they seized on some indecision in the Bolton defence. Bolton struck back relatively quickly and never looked back, scoring through an own goal before adding two more goals.

A thrilling afternoon led to 10 goals scored, extra time and 18 penalties taken all as the light faded and unfortunately, one team progressed, and one had to be knocked out after a tough encounter. After a missed opportunity by Whitgift, Harrow raced to the other end and converted a great counterattack. Whitgift managed to equalise before two more counter attacks gave Harrow an impressive 3-1 lead at HT. An improved performance by the visitors in the second half saw them regain control and go ahead 5-4 until last minute drama saw Harrow equalise to send the game into extra time. Whitgift managed to hit the crossbar 4 times in extra time but couldn’t find a winner so it was on to penalties. After 18 penalties Whitgift squeezed through 7-6.

Aldenham started brightly and quickly took a 3 goal lead. Dulwich did not let their heads drop though and played some great football in the middle third and had some half chances to score. The second half was a tighter affair but Aldenham added two more to the score line to finish the game 5-0 winners.

A quick start from Bradfield saw them score 2 goals in the first 5-minutes and settle any early nerves. Box Hill started to grow in confidence, playing some good football and the game was evenly matched with 20 minutes gone. Bradfield then took control of the game and in a 10-minute spell scored three times to put them 5-0 up at the break. Box Hill were rewarded for their efforts in the second half with a well taken goal. Bradfield continued to create opportunities and managed to convert three more times before the final whistle to run out comfortable winners.

Charterhouse progressed smoothly into the next round with an excellent performance. After an error from the City of London goalkeeper Charterhouse opened the scoring. Charterhouse doubled their lead before halftime. In the second half there was three further goals as Charterhouse ran out comfortable winners.

Both teams started brightly in the first 10minutess with neither team taking control. Bedes eventually broke the deadlock with a fantastic 25 yard curling shot, this then put them in control and they started to dominate proceedings, scoring another 6 goals to make it 7-0 at half time. Bedales never gave up and the second half was 5-2 by Bede’s with the final result finishing 11-2.  A game played in great spirit and enjoyable to watch for the neutrals.

Ardingly started the brightest and scored very early in the game taking this into half time. Trinity came back very strong early in the second half and were beginning to get a grip of the game.  This pressure soon led to a very well worked goal.  This seemed to wake the Ardingly players up and they once again went ahead from a fantastic glancing header. This didn’t dampen Trinity’s spirits and with a minute to go they equalised taking the tie into extra time. Once again Ardingly went ahead and Trinity once again responded. Ardingly eventually won on penalties but more importantly the fixture was played in a great spirit and both teams were a credit to their school.

Manchester Grammar School started brightly and hit the post within the first five minutes from a well-worked move. The side won a series of corners and eventually took the lead from a cross from the right-hand-side, which bounced in the box and allowed a tap in for one of the strikers. Having fallen behind, Grammar School at Leeds began to threaten down their right, winning a fee kick and forcing a one-handed save from MGS's goalkeeper as it was tipped over the bar. At half-time, the game was fairly evenly balanced. It was to be MGS's day, however, as the second goal came relatively quickly after half-time with some neat interplay between the strikers which saw one hold up the ball and play another in behind. One-on-one with the keeper, a cool finish ensured the scoreline became 2-0. MGS continued to dominate the ball for periods and scored a third through down the left side from a well-worked move which saw the GSAL keeper bravely save. but the ball fell to the incoming left midfielder who finished from short range. The final goal came from a break, where the substitute was able to complete a one-two and rifle the ball into the net past the keeper's outstretched hand.

Brooke House v. Repton
Hampton v. Reigate GS
Highgate v. Harrodian
KCS Wimbledon v. Alleyn's 
Newcastle School for Boys v. Cheadle Hulme
Royal Russell v. St. Joseph's College
Truro v. St. John's Leatherhead


A strong start by Aldenham saw them open up a 3-0 lead. However, Colfe’s came back into the game towards the end of the half and scored a well-deserved goal. The second half was a more even game but eventually Aldenham broke through to score two more goals and secure the win.

Hampton progressed through to the next round with a strong second half performance against Kingston Grammar School. The first half was evenly matched and either team could have been in front at the break. It was Hampton who broke the deadlock, increasing their lead just before the halftime.

A tightly contested game was always likely to be decided by the odd goal when Alleyn’s welcomed John Lyon. Both teams adopted a high tempo style and looked to dominate midfield. A missed penalty for Alleyn’s suggested the game would go to extra time but Alleyn’s managed to build play on the right for their striker to coolly slot home and send Alleyn’s into the next round.

After the long journey, Millfield made the stronger start, testing the Dulwich goalkeeper early on. Dulwich College grew into the game and started to press Millfield on the ball whilst playing with more freedom and soon took the lead. Dulwich continued the pressure and doubled their lead soon after. Dulwich added a third in the latter stages of the first half. The second half saw Millfield come out with more intensity and play on the front foot. With fifteen minutes to go a mix up in the Dulwich backline, saw Millfield fire home. In the dying stages, Millfield scored a header from a corner to make it a very nerve wracking final few minutes but Dulwich held on to progress.

The Grammar School at Leeds v. RGS Newcastle was played in blustery conditions. Both sides threatened in the first half but failed to capitalise. The game was decided by a wicket deflection which gave the RGS Newcastle keeper no chance.

There wasn't much to separate Lancing and Bradfield at the half time interval, but Bradfield had a slender 2-1 advantage. The next goal after the break was always going to be crucial and Bradfield managed to claim it. To their credit Lancing continued to push forward and always looked dangerous but it wasn't to be their day. Bradfield extended their lead from a close-range finish and soon added a fifth. Lancing never gave up and were rewarded with a penalty late on that they calmly converted. 

In blustery conditions AKS Lytham started brightly and created the better of the chances, with Shrewsbury School doing well to keep the hosts out. AKS opened the scoring tapping in from close range to make it. As the first half progressed Shrewsbury grew into the game and hit AKS on the counter. At the start of the second half, AKS looked to put the visitors under further pressure and some individual brilliance on the edge of the box lead to a free kick being awarded, which was struck into the top corner. AKS extended their lead with a further two goals. Shrewsbury pulled a goal back in the 65th minute to conclude the score 4-1.

A brilliant contested game, by two top teams, saw Royal Russell emerge victorious against Forest. Both teams started strong, moving the ball well and playing into dangerous areas. Forest made the first breakthrough, scoring from an excellently worked goal. Royal Russell responded well, piling the pressure on the organised Forest defence, however, struggled to find an end product. Half time came with Forest in the lead. After half time, Royal Russell responded with a change of formation and emphasis. With Royal Russel having the main share of possession, it was only a matter of time until they equalised. A brilliantly worked passage of play led to a Royal Russell cross which resulted in a penalty being awarded and calmly converted. Forest looked to respond, however, Royal Russell compact defence proved to much as they ran out 2-1 winners.

A very impressive first half performance saw Whitgift hit double figures against Buckswood after some excellent forward play. The second half was much more competitive with both teams scoring one each.

Repton took a very early two goal lead thanks to a close range finish and a well taken lob. Despite the early setback, King's School Chester grew into the game, defending resolutely and frustrating the Repton attack until the break. The home side started the second half brightly and again grabbed an early goal. With conditions deteriorating, both side worked hard to create chances and, but for some smart work between the sticks, the scoreline could have grown considerably in either direction. Repton grabbed a fourth half-way through the second period, rounding off the scoring and sending Repton into the next round.

Bournemouth Collegiate opened the scoring after two minutes with a great finish from the edge of the box. Truro needed to defend well against the fast paced BCS side. However, it was Truro who broke away and equalised. The game settled into a more even contest but is was BCS who restored their lead. Truro battled back and drew level. The second half saw Truro on the front foot with the Truro scorer completing his hat trick. A further goal put Truro 4-2 up. BCS pushed back but Truro defended in numbers. BCS did score another great goal in the last minute to make it a tense and exciting end but Truro managed to hold on.

In atrocious weather conditions, Eton came out on top in a tense, tight game. Two neatly worked Eton goals and a cool finish from the University College School striker meant the game was poised 2-1 at half-time. UCS began the second half strongly with a sensational 30 yard goal; the two teams scrapped away from then on before a late flurry of Eton goals meant a lopsided but misleading final score.

The opening stages were a cagey affair but Harrow took the lead through a close range finish. Harrow got a second with a wonderful 25 yard strike into the top corner. Princethorpe grabbed a goal back at the start of the second half but three more goals ensured that Harrow finished on top.

After a lively start from both Bede's and Brentwood it was Bede’s broke the deadlock with some neat passing in midfield and a clever ball over the top which was latched onto and neatly finished. Bede’s continued to press however, Brentwood’s lively forward line was a constant threat.  A combination of good defending and good attacking play allowed Bede’s to be 4-1 up at half time. Brentwood scored first after the restart making an interesting last 15 minutes.  However a breakaway goal for Bede’s with 5 minutes to go finished the game.

City of London started very strongly against Westminster. They took their chances and found themselves 3-0 up at half time. The second half was a much more even affair though City added another goal to finish 4-0.

Birkdale v. Bolton
Bootham v. Newcastle Schools for Boys
Brooke House v. St. Bede's College
Claremont Fan Court v. Charterhouse
Haberdashers' Aske v. St. Joseph's College
Harrodian v. Latymer Upper
Highgate v. St. John's Enfield
KCS Wimbledon v. Bristiol GS
Kimbolton v. Trinity
King Edward's, Witley v. Ardingly
Oldham Hulme v. Cheadle Hulme
Reigate GS v. Chigwell
St. John's, Leatherhead v. Lingfield College
Wetherby Senior v. Winchester
Wolverhampton GS v. Manchester GS


Manchester Grammar School scored the first goal on seven minutes to take the lead going into half time. Merchant Taylors, Crosby battled in the second half but MGS were awarded a penalty which was converted to extend their lead. With ten minutes left, MGS substitute scored to make the full-time score 3-0.

A fairly even yet scrappy first twenty minutes suggested it was a good match up, however Reigate managed to break the deadlock slightly against the run of play. A flurry of goals and Reigate pressure saw them go in at half time 3-0, which slightly flattered the home team. After a Worth goal early in the second half the game settled down before Reigate scored a 4th and were able to see out the game with a little more comfort.

AKS Lytham progressed through to the 2nd round of the ISFA Cup after a hard earned victory over The Grange. Both teams started brightly and it was a quick break after 2 mins that saw The Grange take an early lead. With AKS playing themselves into the game several chances were created by the home side which saw them hit the woodwork and some fine saves from the visiting keeper. As the half came to a close, AKS got the break through and levelled with a great shot just inside the box. In the second half, AKS started brightly and were soon on the attack with chances created once again, the best of which saw an unstoppable 25yd drive into the top corner. With AKS seemingly on top, The Grange proved dangerous on the counter and it was this that lead to the equaliser from the spot after the home keeper had brought down the on-rushing striker. With both sides playing some great football, it took another moment of brilliance from just on the edge of the box to make it 3-2 and then within a few minutes it was 4-2. A great game of football played in the right manner and spirit of the game, well done to both teams. 

ACS Cobham v. Buckswood
Farringtons v. Claremont Fan Court
Shrewsbury v. Oswestry

Read 65599 times
Tagged under
More in this category: ISFA U15 CUP FIXTURES »