For schools wishing to assist in the promotion of girls football
Since 2009 ISFA has worked with 9 Focus Schools, who are tasked with developing the football programme in their own school and perhaps more importantly in their local area. The success of the Focus Schools prompted ISFA to introduce Girls Football Development Schools, with a specific remit for Girls Football.
ISFA is currently working with two Girls Football Development Schools and their remit includes the following:-
* Developing intra-school or House football to engage more girls within school
* Developing more playing opportunities for girls in the Independent Sector through tournaments, leagues and festivals
* Developing Leadership & Volunteering Programmes that target girls to provide great female role models and produce more female coaches and referees.
Hosting regional representative football for the area.
* Supporting other schools that are looking to introduce girls’ football.
* Helping female staff to become qualified football coaches.
Each Girls Football Development School receives targeted support from the ISFA Football Development Officer to carry out those tasks as well as exclusive use of ISFA and FA logos and FA support through Women’s Super League Clubs and County FAs.
The current Girls’ Football Development Schools are as follows:-
Midlands - Stamford High School
South East – King Edward’s School, Witley
South West – King’s College, Taunton.
ISFA would be interested in working with potential Girls Football Development Schools in the following areas: